Go down
View user profile

Doo V's Lad Who Won?

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:53 am
I was trundling in George and as I approached the 40mph signs I clock a red pocket rocket, methinks a Suzuki Swift or some such.

I decided to have some sport and taunt the turbo charged, dump valve chuffing and exhaust braaaapping little turd Laughing

So I hoofed it up to 40 and George fairly picked up the revs and went.

Not only did I catch the wee shite, I actually beat him to the junction Cool

Even better, he was in the left lane so when I got to the roundabout the car coming round passed me 1st so as it came in my centre I nailed it on and beat the lil rocket once again. I was fully expecting to be trounced as we went under the overpass, but George gamely hove on and I was stunned to see the car in my left mirror Shocked

I could hear it above Georges howling V8 chuffing, brrraaapping and all manner of gear changes reminiscent of The Fast & The Furious, but Georges big 4 litre lump supplied torque by the plateful and I nailed the little bugger  right up until he went left and I carried on round Arrow

I laughed out long & loud  as I watched the red rocket disappear with it's tail between it's legs.

George won Cool

I have no doubt in my mind he would have out stripped me in a longer run. But I have gone round that interchange since 1993, probably before the kid was even born and I know every line, bump and drain cover. He was on my territory and I used every trick in my arsenal. Ohh the joy Very Happy

Last edited by Doo 1 on Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mistake, missed letter and change a word or 3...)
View user profile

Re: Doo V's Lad Who Won?

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 am
From my observations, Swifts do get driven quite.. swiftly!

I had some cocky shite in front of me in a Yaris this morning playing silly buggers. Yeah, even if it was the 1.3, it still ain't keeping up with a 2.2 turbodiesel...
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:06 am
Notparkers - racing on the road matters.

I really like Swifts....even the 1.3 base models go well. The Sport is brilliant (if not that fast....it just feels right IMO, great fun).

But yeah........you can't really......like....beat a large engine.

I mean...you can 'beat' a large engine with a turbocharged smaller one or more modern etc etc...but that feeling of a big engine is just nice! I mean...my experience of 'big' isn't that big....the 3.0 V6 in the S Type....its just that kinda...feeling of having some capacity to spare....not sure of how to describe it. Like....when you are trundling around or cruising....you can feel that you are barely asking anything of the engine...wheras on a smaller engine you can feel that they are working a bit all the time. Kinda thing. If that makes sense.

Speaking of Jags....................
View user profile

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:43 pm
Good story Doo.

My car is a bit slow to do that. hehe

I usually pull over to let people behind go ahead when I drive up the mountain. Well they know the roads, they are locals, better than me.

Still loving it though. Maybe I just like driving around..

View user profile

on Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:14 pm
Well, today I went with George to mate Ians garage to get the manifold to downpipe gaskets changed as there was a teeny weeny lickle blow, but it was a blow nonetheless...

Anyhoo, both done we decided to delete the middle box!

So we set about it with a pipe cutter and removed it, measured a replacement straight through pipe and a couple of 64mm VW exhaust sleeves.

HOLY SHIZZLE! Shocked Shocked

It has a nice muted rip at high revs, but the deep bass burble at low speed sounds epic Cool

I just love to trundle at between 10mph and 20mph and hear the bub bub bub bub bub bub bub of the 4.0 litre Vee eight just sleeping, snoring if you will pirat
View user profile

on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:39 pm
I bet you regret putting your foot down when you see the the fuel guage visibly drop!
View user profile

on Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:36 pm
TomH wrote:I bet you regret putting your foot down when you see the the fuel guage visibly drop!

At the moment, yes coz I is broke! However, she runs on LPG so I save a fair bit on that Cool
Admin
View user profile

on Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:56 pm
are you turning your huge lard arsed off roader into a wide-boy mobile?

whats next, dump valve on a NA engine? Very Happy
View user profile

on Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:42 pm
Spot wrote:are you turning your huge lard arsed off roader into a wide-boy mobile?

whats next, dump valve on a NA engine? Very Happy

Ye....errrr, no! Hugely unlikely Laughing

Who the actual put's a feckin dump valve on an engine without a turbine?? Rolling Eyes
Admin
View user profile

on Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:40 pm
neds, thats who
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum