Go down
View user profile

Jaguar F Type R - Coupe

on Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:41 pm
Now, on paper my XFR is reasonably quick - 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 9.5, 50-70mph in 1.8s, etc etc. The F Type is a. Lower and b. faster. Only by about half a second to 60, in a straight line. BUT, being a fair bit lower and with the exhaust note switched on it's absolutely MENTAL! It combines the same 5L S/C Welsh engine (but with 40bhp more) with something of the Smart Roadster!! Don't laugh!

The Roadster wants to be pushed and carry the speed through the bends, 60 mph feels like 100.The F type is the same; the XFR can carry the speed, but isn't planted onto the road like the F, and it feels like you are going to kill sheep in the nearby field. The F type takes these bends very flat indeed!

The Looks - the pertest, most beautiful bottom since Kate's sister at the Royal Wedding of yesteryear. The line of the car is quite similar to the XF - certainly when parked next to each other. The proportions are amazing. This one is black, with the carbon pack - even the s/charger vents are £400+!!! A pant-wettingly wonderful piece of car design!

Interior - nicely laid out, the interior "hugs" the occupants tightly. The controls are very much next generation when compared to my XF; when Dynamic mode is switched on the mood lighting glows red etc etc. There's plenty of leather and carbon (real) trim, giving a real feeling of luxury. Inside the cabin there is plenty of engine (and supercharger) noise, and a scream from the exhaust when the "banshee" mode is engaged.

All in all an amazing car. It would wipe the floor with most 911s and Aston Martins, and then once the business is done it returns to a comfortable cruiser. My friend took it up to the Evo Triangle the other week. Needless to say he enjoyed it! The exhaust note is much higher than my XFR, and to be honest I'm not sure about keeping mine on the XF. Sounds a bit like it's trying too hard.... works on the F because it's a red-blooded sportscar. On a saloon, I'm not so sure.

Admin
View user profile

Re: Jaguar F Type R - Coupe

on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:12 am
What a car! Great review and I'm very jealous!
And yes....the F Type coupe is surely one of the best looking cars on the road.
View user profile

on Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:35 am
hugh121 wrote:

All in all an amazing car. It would wipe the floor with most 911s

Calm yourself down now .... Shocked
View user profile

on Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:53 pm
Awesome, definitely one of the nicest looking cars at the moment
Sponsored content