Go down
View user profile

Pot Holy Fuuuuuck!!!!!

on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:04 am
Me & the lad visited a friend on the bike. Coming home it was dark, so doing 40mph in case of deer.

Coming into Drumnadrochit from Cannich we entered the 30mph zone at 29mph (gotta love a digital dash) and spotted a car coming towards us with super shite (bright) headlamps. Now I don't need to tell anyone on here if some caaahnt coming towards has normal headlamps you cant see jack, so I was looking towards the pavement side so as to not get too dazzled.

Anyway, I feel the bike dip and then an almighty BANG! And I'm thinking the front wheel has fallen off Shocked

My dash cam mount actually came away (although the cameras are mounted elsewhere, this is just the screen & recording body) and landed on the handlebars, we were flung in the direction of the pavement and hit the kerb with a clatter.

While all this was going on I was on the brakes (ABS is fab) and managed to scrub off all our speed just after we skelped the kerb so as I put my leg down my boot slipped on the road surface and she keeled over. I can only guess we were still moving, albeit very slowly, but enough to let the bike fall.

As she was tipping I shouted to Aiden to jump off and the bike was stopped by the pannier. All I could see was traffic approaching front & rear so I shouted to Aiden to lift her back up so we could get out of the bloody way!!!!

That done, I took off my gloves, threw them on the bike, lifted off my lid and flipped my other one Mad

We went back to the hole and took photos. What a farking disaster! The drain has obviously dropped thanks to the volume of heavy traffic going up & down that section of road to the dam and wind farms, etc. So the drain dropped away from us, making the pot hole immediately after it seem much deeper.

Imagine it had been raining, or we'd been going faster?

So, I plan to kick up a very big stink with whomever is in charge of that part of the road. If the bike hadn't been so heavy I think it could have been a bit more painful as we could have been thrown into oncoming cars.

The worst bit was the pair of cunnts coming up behind us just drove past while poor Aiden was struggling to lift that massive weight Evil or Very Mad Dicks!

Anyway, proud of my boy. Didn't panic, didn't fark about, just did as he was told immediately and without being told twice Cool He's a great kid I love you
View user profile

Re: Pot Holy Fuuuuuck!!!!!

on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:19 am
Bloody 'ell. Be careful.

They put candles and some flowers on some of the dangerous corners around here. I wonder why..

View user profile

on Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:21 am
BTW love your posts. I'm always googling where these places are on google maps and checking photos.

View user profile

on Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:05 pm
mogs,

an old traffic cop's saying...

at the end of a long skid mark there is often a bunch of flowers

vfc
View user profile

on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:43 pm
vanfancooler wrote:mogs,

an old traffic cop's saying...

at the end of a long skid mark there is often a bunch of flowers

vfc

Which is why I'm twice as safe on the bike with the lad on the back. I dread to think what could have happened if I'd not been following the speed limit or if the bike had been lighter or if I was less experienced... Mad

I see lads riding around with shorts & tee shirt and think "why?" I wouldn't even ride a pushbike without a helmet and jacket.

I'll see if I can post a photo of the hole. It doesn't look that bad in the photo, but of I get it on, you will see the tarmac around the drain and how it's dropped. There's a picture of my lads toe of his boot that shows just how deep the feckin thing is!

I've reported it to the council and await a claim form for bearings, tyre, stock bearings & fork seals as well as possibility of a wheel and a new dash cam mount.

Wont be much change from 500 quid...
View user profile

on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Like I said, it doesn't look so bad on the photo, but hitting it at it's deepest part at 29mph was like hitting a kerb straight on.

It shouldn't have been allowed to get to that stage, but Tory government, what else can I say 🙄💩

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:51 pm
In the 1st photo at the top you can see where my sons left foot is. That is him standing on the road surface so the depth is fairly obvious from that perspective.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum