Go down
View user profile

New Top Gear Presenters

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:02 am
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45937945

Now, I don't mind either of them .. but I don't see that they are Top Gear material.

Should have gone down the route of getting some of the YouTube stars in to the fold.

I hope that they use this to change the format of the show .. because as it stands, Top Gear is a dead duck in my opinion.
Admin
View user profile

Re: New Top Gear Presenters

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:01 pm
I noted that they've kinda booted Rory off or at least just to remain on the Extra Gear thing.

We need to see what the next series of Grand Tour is like. It needs to up it's game.

I haven't minded Top Gear....but thats the thing...i haven't minded it...but i haven't been going out of my way to watch it, which i did when the 3 stoogers were at their peak (which was admittedly several series ago)

View user profile

on Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:04 pm
Paddy McGuiness? Seriously? Oh dear. I did enjoy the last series, and I like Chris Harris but this shows they want it to go back more in the direction of stupidity perhaps.

I did chuckle at the Sniff Petrol article when LeBlanc announced his departure!

https://sniffpetrol.com/2018/06/01/joey-tribbiani-to-leave-top-gear/

I still haven't seen a single episode of the grand tour!
View user profile

on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:33 am
Turns out there is a NotParkers member in the line up too-  just not sure which one yet !!

Makes the line up ...

Harris, McGuinness, Flintoff and Jerkoff ?!

My money is on Hugh, not because he is a Jerkoff, but because he is our resident petrol head nutter.
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:21 pm
i think its a bizarre choice.

but I agree they clearly want to bring back some of the stupidity......it might be alright, individually both choices are/can be, quite amusing
View user profile

on Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:44 pm
It’s going to be difficult for them but I can see it working

Part of the old top gear humour was the fact Clarkson, May and Hammond weren’t comedians but just amusing people. Once it got more scripted and predictable that was lost a bit

Now you’ll have Harris and Flintoff who can probably bounce off each other but Paddy McGuinness almost expected to be the funny man holding it together. Have to see how it pans out I guess
View user profile

on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:15 pm
LKsOK wrote:Turns out there is a NotParkers member in the line up too-  just not sure which one yet !!

Makes the line up ...

Harris, McGuinness, Flintoff and Jerkoff ?!

My money is on Hugh, not because he is a Jerkoff, but because he is our resident petrol head nutter.

I think that's a compliment old boy!! Nutter - certainly! Just ask my pupils and tutors!

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum