Share
Go down
avatar
Posts : 1885
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : London / Surrey
View user profile

Jaaaaaaaag

on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:17 pm
avatar
Posts : 972
Join date : 2016-11-10
View user profile

Re: Jaaaaaaaag

on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:39 pm
Wow! 0-100 in 7.6 - 2 seconds quicker than mine! Shall I get a remap to 595bhp?!!!!

avatar
Posts : 1885
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : London / Surrey
View user profile

Re: Jaaaaaaaag

on Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:43 pm
Makes the XE look a whole lot more exciting
avatar
Posts : 972
Join date : 2016-11-10
View user profile

Re: Jaaaaaaaag

on Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:06 pm
LKsOK wrote:Makes the XE look a whole lot more exciting

Indeed it does! But I'd still choose an F Type R.

The 5L V8 is only available for another 18 months.......



avatar
Posts : 1885
Join date : 2016-11-13
Location : London / Surrey
View user profile

Re: Jaaaaaaaag

on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:14 am
hugh121 wrote:
LKsOK wrote:Makes the XE look a whole lot more exciting

Indeed it does! But I'd still choose an F Type R.

The 5L V8 is only available for another 18 months.......




If the extra seats don't bother you, of course ... but to have a seriously rapid 4 seater, that you can leave at the airport (not that money talking) .. then its an interesting option.
avatar
Posts : 972
Join date : 2016-11-10
View user profile

Re: Jaaaaaaaag

on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:13 am
LKsOK wrote:
hugh121 wrote:
LKsOK wrote:Makes the XE look a whole lot more exciting

Indeed it does! But I'd still choose an F Type R.

The 5L V8 is only available for another 18 months.......




If the extra seats don't bother you, of course ... but to have a seriously rapid 4 seater, that you can leave at the airport (not that money talking) .. then its an interesting option.

Indeed - a fair point. Rear seats will be rather cramped with a taller driver. It's a shame they don't do a properly "fizzy" XE with about 450-500bhp at a "real world" price (and the steering wheel on the correct side!).

avatar
Admin
Posts : 1842
Join date : 2016-11-14
Location : Nowwf
View user profile

Re: Jaaaaaaaag

on Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:18 am
I can't help feeling the XE is a bit like...of a let down?

I mean...i have no basis or authority on this....but purely on visuals....they are extremely colour and trim sensitive...some trims look so bland and like...safe.....yet some look ok/good.

I still find the XF a car with more presence and style (all iterations)
avatar
Posts : 972
Join date : 2016-11-10
View user profile

Re: Jaaaaaaaag

on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:09 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:I can't help feeling the XE is a bit like...of  a let down?

I mean...i have no basis or authority on this....but purely on visuals....they are extremely colour and trim sensitive...some trims look so bland and like...safe.....yet some look ok/good.

I still find the XF a car with more presence and style (all iterations)

More recent XFs and the XE are produced to a price these days. They have entered the world of SUV silly cars. Other than the loopy XE here, you can only get cars with 2L engines now! The 3L V6 derv has been dropped as have the 5L V8 and even the newish V6 S/C petrols. Much ground has been lost to the competition, and there's been a serious lack of development of new engines. Most others have dropped the V8, but make similar power from V6 Twin turbo jobbies. I expect they will buy BMW engines in the future.

avatar
Admin
Posts : 1842
Join date : 2016-11-14
Location : Nowwf
View user profile

Re: Jaaaaaaaag

on Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:37 am
Hugh - i've heard/read that the 5.0 SC V8 is not much longer for this world and they'll be buying in the 4.4 BMW V8 (as Land Rover used to use in the RR)

I think the bigger JLR engines are or have made way as they are not Euro 6 maybe? Or down to the WLTP regulations stuff?

But yes...it's a bit sad about the big engines going.

Part of me REALLY REALLY wants to own and experience a big engined car even though it goes completely against my mpg/cheapness mantra.

One day....there will be none left.

I dont know about a V10 but there are a few cheapy V8s around in terms of cheap Jeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaagsss and bmws/mercs etc.

Despite my illustrious car history made up of 'high quality performance orientated vehicle' *, my most powerful owned remains the 240bhp 3.0 V6 Jeeeaaaaag (although the 230bhp 9-5 Aero was still the quickest car)

* Not entirely true
Sponsored content

Re: Jaaaaaaaag

Back to top
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum