Go down
View user profile

Updating My Man Badge to LPG Engineer...

on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:53 pm
So, after having to fanny around and trace the misfire fault, I found 3 of the 8 leads were faulty, but one was worse than the rest.

The core had burned away and disconnected from the clip that fastens onto the top of the spark plug.

This in turn had knackered one coil output.

So, long time fixing and ordering parts and whatnot.

Put it all back together and find I have a gas leak! Rolling Eyes

Undo all the inlet manifold and hoses, wires, plugs, clips, throttle cables, throttle body and so on...again.

Turned out the leak was due to a shite worm drive clip so went to Highland Industrial Supplies and bought three super clips (wider, captive nut, bolt and so on) and fitted it today and checked for leaks....no leaks found.

So, previously I have replaced the tank float valve, pipe work and vapouriser service kit.

Today I checked the injectors while I had the inlet manifold off and all is good, no leaks or worn pipes.

Anyway, fired her up, drove at speed, also drove at idle up a steep embankment and over tree stumps to see that she's back to form.

I can safely say she is running better than I can remember! Turns out the leads have been faulty for a long time, which would explain a lot Mad

Lets see how long this lasts Rolling Eyes
Admin
View user profile

Re: Updating My Man Badge to LPG Engineer...

on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:05 pm
Excellent work Andoo! Worra ledge!
View user profile

on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:46 pm
Well, more of a parapet than a ledge 😅 But thanks Crix.

Let's hope she takes us through the winter again. Think this year will be a pretty cold deal so check all your hoses and antifreeze, then bulbs and tyres. Get winter tyres preferably...

View user profile

on Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:51 pm
Good skills, Andoo
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum