Go down
View user profile

Pain in the Eye

on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:15 pm
Friday saw me wake with the usual dry eyes and the pain it causes.

However, it was still bugging me Friday afternoon so as I was going to the chemist anyway, I got some eye drops to try to alleviate it a bit... It seemed ok at first, but by last night I was in a lot of discomfort with a feeling like there were three of four eyelashes in my eye.

Put more drops in, but the more I applied, the worse it seemed to get. Took 2 painkillers (as opposed to the usual one) and went to bed.

Woke up in agony, light hurting my eyes and barely able to open it without serious pain. So trip to A&E...

Doctor was kinda secksey and funny, but to the point. She said it looks like a bit of metal had gone in and sat there, then been moved with blinking. However, since there was no "rust" around the area, it was likely an ulcer!!

She described it as two small holes, one above the other, with a small "channel" between them.

She gave me fusidic acid eye drops (antibiotic) to try & sort it out, but with instructions to come straight back in if it gets worse (how would I know? it's feckin agony as it is...), They going to get me in next day or so to follow up on it.

And yes, the screen is set to it's dimmest setting, but it still hurts and I have to type without looking at the screen Sad

So, anyone had this condition? What helped?

Thanks all.
View user profile

Re: Pain in the Eye

on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:53 pm
eye hope you get it sorted soon andi....................

very best wishes old pal

vfc
View user profile

on Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:56 pm
vanfancooler wrote:eye hope you get it sorted soon andi....................

very best wishes old pal

vfc

Thanks VFC, I hope so too. Pain doing my nut
View user profile

on Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:27 pm
I got a painful eye infection years ago - felt like a piece of glass in there, but turned out it was a tiny tiny scratch.

Anyway, I had to put eye drops in every (can’t remember if it was 2 or 4 hours) day and night ... was a right royal pain in the ass.

Had to keep going back for checks too to see if it was going to scar.

It was this that made me give up contact lenses, although I don’t think it was the contact lenses that did this.

In terms of advice - time will heal ... although obviously it’s not safe to operate any kettles, cooking apparatus, irons, hoovers, etc ... as most accidents happen in the home at these times remember - although sex can release endorphins to ease the pain - just make sure you are lying down and she does all the work.

Furthermore, don’t be fooled in to thinking it’s healed when the pain stops - it’s wise to carry on with the above advice for at least 6 weeks after the pain stops.
View user profile

on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:20 pm
Thanks Jim. I've had welding "burns" before, bit nothing on this scale of pain. I'll be sure to finish the course of antibiotics so I don't get this shite again Embarassed
View user profile

on Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:28 pm
my brother had problems of pains from his glasses years ago...i suggested he try contact lenses...

he tried...but said he could not get as much vodka in them...............................

vfc
View user profile

on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:53 am
LKsOK wrote:I got a painful eye infection years ago - felt like a piece of glass in there, but turned out it was a tiny tiny scratch.

Anyway, I had to put eye drops in every (can’t remember if it was 2 or 4 hours) day and night ... was a right royal pain in the ass.

If using eye drops is a pain in the ass, might I suggest you re-read the instructions?!!!

View user profile

on Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:43 pm

View user profile

on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:46 pm
Croxdale Crix can copy and paste what is wrong. I'm too feckin tired, but got a response from Raigmore. Super quick turnaround. Actually never cocked it up this time thanks goodness...

Sent from Topic'it App
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:34 am
Good morning.

Yes, further to Andoo's request, i can confirm he has been diagnosed with a severe case of Bringouttheviolinsitus Sympatheticus Extremiatica.

Jeeeeeeeeeeezus!!! Whinge whinge whinge!!!!???

Anyway, heres the real description:

In hospital, got call to go to eye clinic. Turns out I have a problem with dry eye at night where sometimes it tears off the surface of my cornea. This time it did a particularly good job, making it agony. It may have been irritated by the chemicals of the pool the day before. Got drops to take every night for 6 months, others every 2hrs for a week, then every 4hrs and the ones I'm already on twice a day for a week...

See what i mean?!!!!?!?!??!! (P.S. Just joshing, Andoo)
View user profile

on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:32 am
Bringouttheviolinsitus Sympatheticus Extremiatica. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
View user profile

on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:34 am
Ha ha, cooont 😂😝💩

Anyway, can see better today checks to 3 different eye drops. Still a little uncomfortable, but I can live with it.

Sent from Topic'it App
View user profile

on Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:36 am
Thanks to...ffs, farking precious snowflake phone changing words bastard 😠

Sent from Topic'it App
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:09 pm
Progress is progress Andoo, good.

View user profile

on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:28 pm
Aye. I have to say, after all the shit with my neck I wasn't expecting much off Raigmore hospital. But hands down splendid treatment.

10/10 this time 😎

Sent from Topic'it App
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:42 pm
Good. Now when are the fuckers gonna sort everything else out?!!
View user profile

on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:01 pm
Dunno bud, that's the truth.

Friend of mine is convinced the NHS are in cahoots with the insurance companies to play down injuries so they don't have to pay out as much. 😳

Isn't someone on here in insurance? What's going on?

I mean, having to go abroad to get an MRI to prove what I tried to tell them here all along, and that was I broke something "at" my spine!

I've lived in this body 21 (ahem 🙄) years, I know when something is fucked!

It's like owning a car for years. You get used to its foibles and can tell when it doesn't sound or feel right.

I knew I'd broken something, but was told I was imagining it. I was actually told that at a couple of physio appointments 😠

Seeing the chronic pain doctor again on Friday, so will know more about what they can do to help now that I'm not actually "imagining" things 🙄

Sent from Topic'it App
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:49 pm
Ferkin 'ell, Bringouttheorchestra Maximatus Complainia
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum