Go down
Admin
View user profile

2018 68 Berlingo Multispace XTR

on Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:07 pm
2018 68 Citroen Berlingo Multipace XTR.

This is the newly released model based on the new Berlingo van. It is what is is...in that it's basically a van with more seats and windows!
However...for the no nonsense buyer who wants ultimate practicality...this is where it's gotta be. It's huge inside in terms of height, length and width. Most versions have 5 seats but you can get 7 seater ones.
The one in question is the same as the images but with a more contrastic black/green dash and more colourful seats.
Materials are of course ultra basic and durable. But the splash of colour does help.
This one has a full lenth panoramic roof which really does help with the 'ormbiornse'. Also, when it's open, the light shines through roof mounted panel which makes it look illuminted. It feels a bit like sitting in an aeroplane somehow...which it cant..as a plane doesn't have a full lenth panoramic roof....so how can it?

Anyway.

It's grown again. It's no longer a faily small lithe thing (the first berlingo vans were like...a size down and you could hustle them around quite nicely. Now into the 3rd generation...it's quite a big and wide vehicle...and it shows on the road. It's ponderous....and leany...and..sloooooooow. This must be a low powered version (id estimate a 75bhp 1.6 diesel) which has a lot of weight to deal with. It also sounds like...a last generation diesel...quite wheezy and strained Hmm.

BUT! If you ignore all that..and you aren't a helmsmith....its a big, comfy and easy enough thing to get around in. - although - i say comfy...the shape of the central bit of the dash (gearstick bit) and the door moulding was EXACTLY the right postion to hurt both my legs even after a few minutes, so not ideal.

It must have a constant connection to something. I dont know if it's got it's own wifi or data link or something..cos it knew all of the speed limited....and when i was driving, the low fuel light came on and the huge orange screen BONGED and immeditately displayed ALL of the fuel stations in like...50 miles, including fuel prices. Helpful...but...intense.

View user profile

Re: 2018 68 Berlingo Multispace XTR

on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:02 pm
AKA the Vauxhall Combo Life! Surprised
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:06 pm
Correct! And the Combo Life has a bit of a passing resemblance (IMO) to a certian old Agila.....Mogs next car, perhaps?
View user profile

on Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:57 pm
That's quite a nice interior - got a bit of Lexus about it.
View user profile

on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:05 pm
Quite like that - it has a bit more funky flair and rugged cool about it, certainly than the original. Not a bad family lifestyle vehicle (but most will stick to their VW T5s!)
View user profile

on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:38 pm
I bet this lady drives a Citroen ...

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum