Go down
View user profile

Bike's Home

on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:54 am
All repairs carried out, bike back to pre-hole condition.

Two new Michelin Pilot 4 tyres fitted and they felt very planted and surefooted on the 101 mile journey home.

I can report the weather was a proper dick, hurling rain at me with the speed of a flying bastard, coupled with a low temperature of 3 degree's celcius made for a less than splendid trip back.

However, I did have the foresight to purchase a pair of (100 quid) Goretex gloves which, when coupled with the heated grips made for a more pleasant time as far as the digits were concerned.

But... I did have to travel the 1st 30 miles or so with only the left grip issuing forth some well received heat! I had to stop at Tesco in Huntly (where it was bright) so I could dismantle the "dash" to access the wiring and re-plug the right grip as I'd forgotten to at the shop.

I had dismantled most of the plastics so the mechanic could access the forks to replace all the damaged parts. Saved me two hours at 50 quid per hour Wink

Anyway, I'm delighted to have her back as I have missed the use of my bike this past 6 weeks or so Embarassed

I have chosen a name for the bike Cool

Henceforth, if I refer to George, you'll know that's the Range Rover and if I say Wendy, that is the bike Razz
View user profile

Re: Bike's Home

on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:48 am
Not Mildred?!

View user profile

on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:00 am
110 miles on it - heck !!!
View user profile

on Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:04 am
Good news Doo - the repair not the name, not sure going round telling people you’re riding Wendy is a good idea
View user profile

on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:05 pm
Paul123 wrote:Good news Doo - the repair not the name, not sure going round telling people you’re riding Wendy is a good idea

It gets even funnier when you tell them she's 11 Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user profile

on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:30 pm
Doo 1 wrote:
Paul123 wrote:Good news Doo - the repair not the name, not sure going round telling people you’re riding Wendy is a good idea

Funny - isn't the word I'd be using.
View user profile

on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:23 pm
LKsOK wrote:
Doo 1 wrote:

Funny - isn't the word I'd be using.

Why? It's a motorbike!

We're none of us nonces so it's not as if we were talking about a human female in any fashion, implied or otherwise.

May I therefore suggest calm the fuuuck doon Razz

Very Happy
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum