Go down
View user profile

Chilly chilly chilly

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:27 pm
Currently doing 0mpg warming up in the car. Woke up to a broken boiler brrrrrrrrr

Heated seats are a plus!!!

No snow down south yet
View user profile

Re: Chilly chilly chilly

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:44 pm
Tiz blooming cold today ..... and damp now too ..

Hey ho ... off to the USA for 16 days (7 nights Disney, 9 Sarasota) as of Thursday ... 22 degs and heated pool waiting for me when I get out there !!!!
View user profile

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:34 pm
"Woke up to a broken boiler"

hope she feels better soon!

vfc
View user profile

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:09 pm
Very nice LK, we’re off in April

Definite increase in groaning from the boiler VFC...
View user profile

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Freezing here too. Worse.. I have some stretched muscles around my neck from over doing it I suspect. Up at 5 am, train to work no car, mountain, work party drinking eating, train home, 10 minute walk at high speed home. Next day bad neck.... Party or train did it. The 5am and mountain I do every day. hehe..

I've had to put the seat so upright that my head is against the headrest.. Other wise the acceleration (unbelievable because there isn't much) pulls those muscles.... hehe

Boiler I don't even know where it is.... benefit of renting I guess..

Admin
View user profile

on Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:35 pm
Snowing here. Very very cold. Heating isn't having the desired effect.
Admin
View user profile

on Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:21 pm
Would someone like to come and built an internal wall in the house for me? FOC of course.

See, our house has a 2 storey extension on it.

Short version - these houses have adjoining 'wash houses', which are then built on to create a 2 storey.

HOWEVER! These are only a single skin brick wall. And you can bloody tell. Any heat is disappears out of these areas.

We insulated daniels room, which has improved matters - but we didn't/coulnd't insulate the kitchen. So now i'd like a wall built separating our kitchen and dining room to try to keep the heat in.

Also, whilst im grumbling, who thought it was a good idea to have the very last radiator in the system as the main living room one?
View user profile

on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:10 pm
MegaCrixel wrote:Would someone like to come and built an internal wall in the house for me? FOC of course.

See, our house has a 2 storey extension on it.

Short version - these houses have adjoining 'wash houses', which are then built on to create a 2 storey.

HOWEVER! These are only a single skin brick wall. And you can bloody tell. Any heat is disappears out of these areas.

We insulated daniels room, which has improved matters - but we didn't/coulnd't insulate the kitchen. So now i'd like a wall built separating our kitchen and dining room to try to keep the heat in.

Also, whilst im grumbling, who thought it was a good idea to have the very last radiator in the system as the main living room one?

Layers mate - that's the trick ....

Layers and booze .....

Layers, Booze, and a late night special cuddle* ...

Its Christmas after all.

* from your Mrs - not me.
View user profile

on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:35 pm
Reminds me of when I was in Japan. Woke up and the temperature was plus 4 degrees in the room I was sleeping.

Last edited by Mogs on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user profile

on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:39 pm
I posted before about the COLD in Scotland?

about checking in to a motel - finding a brownish ice cube in the bed?

when i chucked it towards the radiator it began to melt...

as it melted it went FFFFFFAAAARRTTT

VFC
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:12 pm
crix, build a stud on to the existing wall, CLS is piss cheap timber, by some celotex foam insulation board, then cover in tapered edge plaster board to avoid having to have it all plastered, its a really easy job and will give you a lot more insulation - windows are also the biggest heat loss element to a house if they are old, you can get clear insulating panels to form a second skin too.

this advice has cost you £40000000000000
Admin
View user profile

on Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:38 pm
Thank you. Our windows are decent and newishly done. But there are many of them and we will be losing heat there. I can't really re-insulate the kitchen without ripping the whole thing out which isn't gonna happen. So yeah need to do the stud wall thing between kitchen and dining room.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum