Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR

on Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:16 pm
Happy new year all
View user profile

on Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:16 pm
So all the reprobates eh?

That's only me getting the greeting then Razz

Happy New Year VFC and all the loverly chaps.

Mine's going well. Got a beige interior for George and the heated, memory seats are in & working.

Turns out the previous interior (John Majors underpants grey.... Rolling Eyes )the seats "were" heated, but somewhere in her past, some tool replaced the HEVAC controller with a low spec one with no buttons for the heated windscreen or seats.

So, I await a kit to fix the elements on each of the front seats, bit they are otherwise in working order. The memory button is just the best. Still got to get wife in to set her position, but I do love a toy Cool

The headrests have TV screens built in and with the interior came a PS2 for playing DVD's. I haven't done the wiring to that yet as the beige carpets are needing a serious clean so are going to my valeter friends place to be deep cleaned. Then I can remove the old carpets & run the wiring.

The engine wiring is fixed so she runs beautifully on LPG or petrol. Which makes sitting on those seats all the more enjoyable and a long run in her is like a part from the Bob Seger song, Turn The Page where he describes going on the tour bus listening to the engine "moaning out it's one note song!" Except in George, that is a V8 note which I could listen to all day and night...

But even with just the seats fitted, the interior has brightened up making George the luxury barge she deserved to be. And when I have spare cash, I'll be replacing the electric heated windscreen.

The year is looking brighter already... king
View user profile

on Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:15 pm

Happy New Year!

Well done Doo. Very Happy
View user profile

on Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:53 pm
Doo 1 wrote:So all the reprobates eh?

That's only me getting the greeting then Razz

Happy New Year VFC and all the loverly chaps.

Mine's going well. Got a beige interior for George and the heated, memory seats are in & working.

Turns out the previous interior (John Majors underpants grey.... Rolling Eyes  )the seats "were" heated, but somewhere in her past, some tool replaced the HEVAC  controller with a low spec one with no buttons for the heated windscreen or seats.

So, I await a kit to fix the elements on each of the front seats, bit they are otherwise in working order. The memory button is just the best. Still got to get wife in to set her position, but I do love a toy Cool

The headrests have TV screens built in and with the interior came a PS2 for playing DVD's. I haven't done the wiring to that yet as the beige carpets are needing a serious clean so are going to my valeter friends place to be deep cleaned. Then I can remove the old carpets & run the wiring.

The engine wiring is fixed so she runs beautifully on LPG or petrol. Which makes sitting on those seats all the more enjoyable and a long run in her is like a part from the Bob Seger song, Turn The Page where he describes going on the tour bus listening to the engine "moaning out it's one note song!" Except in George, that is a V8 note which I could listen to all day and night...

But even with just the seats fitted, the interior has brightened up making George the luxury barge she deserved to be. And when I have spare cash, I'll be replacing the electric heated windscreen.

The year is looking brighter already... king

Perfect dogging car there Andoo!

Happy New Year one and ALL!
View user profile

on Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:19 pm
Excellent!

I'll be looking for all your best tips Huge 😂

Sent from Topic'it App
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum: