Go down
View user profile

New guilty pleasure ...

on Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:26 pm
After 3 weeks riding around in SUV’s - I like them !!!

Something about the Discovery Sport really appeals somehow ...

Anyway, whilst away, the FIL had a V8 Escalade... and I was driving these 2 ... both V6

View user profile

Re: New guilty pleasure ...

on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:15 pm
The Discovery Sport looks good, did they stick the TDV8 into those?
View user profile

on Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:48 pm
I don’t think so ....

There was an review from Henry Catchpole (from Evo) recently that said they are surprisingly good fun to drive ... I guess the obsession with hard riding saloon cars, makes cars like these (and even things like the Zafira) a bit of more old school fun of a bit of roll, and compliancy, and having to plan and think ahead a little.

Not sure I could trust a Land Rover ... of course the absolute dream would be a Macan or Cayenne.

My neighbour has just changed his X5 again ... this time for a Merc GLE ... it was at least his 3rd X5, and each one has had massive bills - so over to Merc !!

In America Ford do the Explorer - looked like a Range Rover / Discovery cross - looked brilliant and I bet it’s reliable ....

View user profile

on Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:07 am
We're getting a 14-plate Macan diesel coming in at work within the next few days... Wink

Looking at the two vehicles above... I think I'd rather push a Land Rover than drive either of those!!
View user profile

on Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:18 pm
Those Chevy vans must date back to the 80s or 90s, I don't think they've changed at all!
View user profile

on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:45 pm
TomH wrote:Those Chevy vans must date back to the 80s or 90s, I don't think they've changed at all!

Surprisingly good to drive .... column shift auto ... 4.3 V6 ... pulled along very nicely - the only place you could really tell what you were driving is when you were braking .. had to give it a good hard shove in order to get it to stop.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum